1.06.2008

Bob's first week of January Playlist


Panda Bear: PERSON PITCH
The Dave Pike Set: INFRA-RED
Contriva:INTRODUCE ME TO SOMEONE REALLY COOL
Arovane: ATOL SCRAP
Dntel: DUMB LUCK
Steven Bernstein: DIASPORA HOLLYWOOD
William Orbit: PIECES IN A MODERN STYLE
Aaron Copland: SYMPHONY No. 3

Bob Burnett: 2008 started well for me with a few re-visits and some new things. "Panda Bear" is Noah Lennox's (of Animal Collective) solo project which is being lauded as one of the best of 2007--as well as one of the most overrated in 2007 by others. I'm finding it to be a pretty interesting listen; more details once I spend some headphone time with it. The Dave Pike Set is something I heard playing in a CD shop recently and bought it on the spot. (yes, the cover is THAT purple) I was drawn to its '70s progressive/jazz/retro DJ material sound. Contriva has released a bunch of previously vinyl only singles on emusic (so I snagged 'em), Dntel's electronica/blip/scratch-n-drift circuitry on Dumb Luck is really starting to seep in deeply and the rest on the list were re-listens to some old stand bys.

No comments:

Post a Comment