2.09.2012

c60 Rekindle

Bob Burnett: When Kim and I started this blog back in 2007 the music landscape was vastly different. At that time we thought the idea of a blog was to expand our nearly 30 year dialogue about music into written reviews. We hoped people would like what we had to say enough to click on an Amazon link and purchase a cd.

The blog ran out of steam for the most part after a few years. My reasoning was I felt limited by trying to "review" music. We began sharing mixcloud mixes at that time too. That too ran out of steam because, as with reviews, I felt I was making mixes for the sake of the segue instead of having a connection to the music, the execution of the music, etc.

Now here we are in 2012. There's a wider array of music sharing options--as well as blu ray films, streaming media, small independent music labels and people who know a lot more than I do about a wide range of topics whom I feel I should link into c60.

I recently began thinking about re-kindling the blog because I wanted to not just add my thoughts to the cloud about music, but share other blog posts, point to what I found to be interesting and vital work going on and hopefully allow this experience to be fun.

Here's a start: The Peckinpah Trio:



So, welcome, or welcome back. In either case I hope there's something here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment